Under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Technician will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services.
This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing administrative functions in an effective and efficient manner ensuring that finances are accurate and up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, maintain and track government remittances/filings, accounts receivables, accounts payables, expenses, journal entries
- Prepare and maintain bank reconciliations for all Montana First Nation accounts, ensuring general ledgers are maintained
- Working knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement opening and closing processes and assisting with compilation, review, audit and bookkeeping
- Identity issues and errors, investigate and resolve discrepancies under the direction of the CFO, including discussions with managers, partners, vendors, suppliers to develop resolutions
- Verify all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Data Entry including preparing batches and processing in timely manner, accounts payables, receivables and remittances
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Prepare finance mailing and ensuring banking, mail and courier are completed efficiently
- Ensuring all financial files are accurate and up to date
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports
- Provide support and back up to other functional areas within the Accounting team as required
- Liaise with MFN Departments and actively participate in working collaboratively with team members to achieve a common goal
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Accounting and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Post Secondary coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business or Commerce, or a related field
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED is required
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and any finance program
- Must possess strong communication skills, organizational skills, proficient analytical skills, proficient data entry skills and excellent business and writing skills
- Knowledge of Montana First Nation and Cree language would be an asset
Must submit your cover letter, resume with 3 employment references, criminal record check to:
Personnel Manager – Montana First Nation
PO Box 70 Maskwacis AB T0C 1N0
Phone: 780-585-3744 ext. 226 Fax: 780-585-3264
Montana First Nation thanks everyone who applies, but only those who meet the qualifications and necessary paperwork will be contacted for an interview.
Successful candidate, upon agreement to letter of offer, will be required to submit a copy of High School Diploma or GED certificate, a copy of valid Driver’s License, and certificates/diplomas/credentials related to the Accounting profession.