The Montana Post-Secondary Program provides sponsorship to eligible Montana First Nation member students who are registered in and are either attending or wanting to attend a Post-Secondary Institution.
Phone: 780-585-3744 Fax: (780) 585-3264
Montana First Nation Education
Acceptance Letter: from a recognized Educational Institute. Conditional letters can also be accepted
Course Schedule & Fees Assessments: These are available once the application is accepted into the Educational Institute
Career essay: You must complete a 1-2 page paper on your career goals (new applicants only).
Authorization for release of Information
High School Transcripts of Official Transcripts: of College/University, if student has attended Post-Secondary previously
Treaty Status Card/ Band Membership Card: Please provide a photocopy of your Status / Band membership Card (new applicants only)
Proof of Guardianship of dependents:
Post-Secondary Student Support Program Sponsorship:
- Tuition & Fees: The cost of tuition will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution
- Books and Supplies: The cost of textbooks and supplies will be payable to the student beginning of each term according to the rates determined in the policies
- Post-Secondary Living Allowance: Living allowances are given to full-time students (full course loads) and are based on the Off-Reserve and On-Reserve rates
Financial application forms must be submitted to the Montana First Nation Post-Secondary Student Support Program Coordinator on the following application deadline dates:
- Fall and Winter Terms (Attendance from September to April or June depending on the institution attended) is JUNE 30th.
- Winter Term (Attendance from January to April or June depending on the institution attended) is November 30th.
- Spring and Summer Sessions (Attendance from May to August) is MARCH 15th.